Sunday, March 22, 2009

oatmeal smoothie

A recent visit with my aunt brought up the idea for this smoothie.  At the coffee shop near her apartment they were serving them.  We didn't get one but the server told us they were fabulous; oatmeal, milk and vanilla syrup.  I don't know why but the idea of this smoothie caught my imagination and I decided to try to create one when I got home.  This is what I came up with and it's very delicious.  Steve liked it too.

Oatmeal Smoothie

1/4 C. oatmeal
1/4 C. oat bran
1 T. ground flax seed
1 T. coconut oil
2 C. milk
1/2 t. vanilla

heat milk and coconut oil in a saucepan until steamy
pour over remaining ingredients
blend together

Typo alert: the above has been corrected to read 2 C. of milk.  This is for two servings.  If you want to make one serving just cut everything in half.  1/4 C. is 4 T. so a half serving would be 2 T. for the oatmeal and oat bran.


No comments: