Sunday, November 13, 2011

baking mishaps

A lesson in humility... Just a week ago I posted a recipe for lemon millet muffins.  I was so happy with how the recipe came together the first time.  Often that doesn't happen.  This next effort clearly demonstrates that.

I wanted to make cookies.  The family has been requesting chocolate chip for a while and I've been experimenting with lots of other types, peanut butter, oatmeal raisin, snickerdoodles, etc, that I decided the time had come to make chocolate chip cookies.  Never content to just pick a tried-and-true recipe I wanted to make gluten free, dairy free, egg free chocolate chip cookies.

The picture shows that it was less than successful.  I will share that they taste great but they don't look so hot.  The biggest concern is what will happen when they cool.  In my experience if they spread this much they are often inedible when no longer warm.  We'll see how it goes.

And it goes without saying that this particular recipe is not exactly ready for prime time.

2 comments:

Midnight Agenda said...

heh, looks like the last time I made oatmeal cookies. LOL.

Mira Dessy said...

My aunt, who has far more experience than I suggested that if the cookies became hard I smash them with a mallet and sprinkle the crumbs on top of ice cream, yogurt, etc. Great idea, I'm going to have to file that away for next time.

One of my daughters came up with the solution for this particular batch of cookies. Because it was still soft after cooling we rolled it into balls. Yummy, coconutty, chocolate balls of cookie goodness.

Bad news? I didn't keep the recipe.